Thursday, April 29, 2021

Outer Banks Adventure

 


OUTER BANKS ADVENTURE

    We spent a week in Southern Shores in mid-April and I wanted to share some of the beauties of that special place with you.  The picture above shows Larry and I with five of our six wonderful grandchildren.  We all enjoyed a nice walk on the boardwalk over the sound in Duck.


    Swimming in the nice, warm pool at the Salt House was one of the kids favorite pastimes.  We had two warm days and the rest were either cool or a bit cold.  The cool days didn't stop the water babies from enjoying the pool.  For me, being on the oceanfront was a dream come true!


   The ocean is always beautiful and majestic, but seeing a rainbow above the horizon (from our back windows) is very special to me.  I love rainbows and the wonderful promise from God that they represent.  God made a promise to Noah, saying, "I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth...never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth," Genesis 9:11 & 13.


    Jockey's Ridge is the largest sand dune on the east coast and the family enjoyed climbing the hill, jumping down, and playing in this giant sand box.  You'll note that I'm taking the picture from a distance, because I didn't climb.  After watching them ascend the hill, I went back to the car and read a book.  I have a good excuse - I sprained my ankle in mid-February and I'm still not back to normal.


    The Wright Brothers Memorial offers an interesting experience.  It's always a wonder and amazement to me that it was only 118 years ago (December 17, 1903) that Wilbur and Orville got the aircraft industry off the ground -- and right here on the Outer Banks!  Thanks boys!


I have to include this funny picture of me pretending to eat vast amounts of pop corn at Scarborough Fair in Duck.  We did have some wonderful food along with our wonderful time together.  We'll end this brief adventure with a colorful painting by God Himself as He brings the sun near the horizon at the end of another lovely day upon His Earth  (sorry for the electric lines).  Thank you God for your beautiful creation, and for safety and fun times!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --