Thursday, April 8, 2021

Doors


 DOORS

       I love this view - looking through a curved doorway at another door in the distance.  This was in Rhonda, Spain, a country with many exotic Moroccan elements in their architecture.  I've always found  doors to be intriguing.  In Revelation, Jesus calls Himself, "He who has the key of David. He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens," 3:7.  
       When faced with a decision in life, we need to always ask God whether we should do a thing, or not do it.  I always like to ask God to open the door if He wants me to do it, or shut the door if He doesn't want me to go through it.
         With that in mind, here are a few more interesting doors to imagine going through -


All the houses in the English countryside seem to have their own name.
This one is "The Cottage" in the charming village of Chipping-Camden


This is one of those exotic Moroccan-inspired doors in Barcelona, 
Spain, taken more than a few years ago. Paul wrote, "Praying
 also for us, that God would open a door for the word, to speak
the mystery of Christ," Colossians 4:3


This is one of my favorites -- a yellow door set in a blue painted
house on a hilly part of town in Kinsale, Ireland. I think it's
cute that this modest little house is named "Mansion House"


We're back in Barcelona for this badly mistreated door full 
of grafitti.  Paul said, "For a great and effective door has opened
to me, and there are many adversaries," 1 Corinthians 16:9

 
I'll end our glimpse of various doors with a picture of a stain glass in Vancouver, Canada.  Jesus is  standing at our heart's door, saying, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me," Revelation 3:20.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --