Saturday, July 11, 2020

Beauty & Joy


BEAUTY & JOY

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever," is the first line in a famous poem by John Keats, written in 1818.  I've picked out some pictures from my collection to share, hoping their beauty will bring joy to your hearts.  The lovely hydrangeas above are in Smithfield.


Here's another famous saying (by Greek philosopher Plato): "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder."  I think this fox sitting in our backyard is a wild thing of beauty -- although I definitely don't want to come face to face with him (I took the picture through the window).


Let me introduce you to our "grand-dog."  Ginger is a mini-golden-doodle and I think she bears a bit of a resemblance to the aforementioned fox.  She too is a thing of beauty.


These beautiful, cheery yellow lilies are in Norfolk, along the Elizabeth River Trail through Ghent.


Can you feel the joy inside my granddaughter as she bends forward welcoming the waves in Corolla.  She was so thrilled to be at the oceanfront, she didn't let the chill and rainy day dampen her spirits at all.  There is beauty in her innocent embrace of the pounding nature at her feet.


I'll end with this hauntingly beautiful picture of the full moon peeking through trees and chased by a white cloud.  I remember how brightly the moon lit up the earth on that night.  I was delighted by the phenomena.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever.  May your eyes be open to beauty and your day be filled with joy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --