Saturday, February 23, 2019

Stars & Life


Another pretty star - this time its a glass star that was handmade in Aarhus, Denmark.
I bought it from the woman who made it and I've enjoyed seeing it hang on my window.


This star hangs in another window and I like the way the light diffuses through the bits of
stained glass creatively spread across the star.  I don't remember where I got this one.

The "Star & Life" theme go along with a quote from a movie I watched a few years ago. The movie is "Winter's Tale," and while I can't even remember what it was about, I did write a bit of narration that was spoken near the end.  I think it is thought-provoking:

“Why would so many things conspire to save one little girl’s life?  What if it wasn’t just Abby – what if she is no more or less special than any of us.  What if we are all unique and the universe [I would replace the word “universe” here with “God”] loves us all equally – so much so that it bends over backwards across the centuries for each and every one of us – and sometimes we are just lucky enough to see it.  No life is more important than another – and nothing has been without purpose – nothing.   What if we are all part of a great pattern that we may all someday understand – and one day when we have done what we alone are capable of doing – we get to rise up and reunite with those we have loved the most – forever embraced.”   Then, the narrator added, “What if we get to become stars.”  

The narrator does not appear to be a Christian, yet many of the points he made are true in God's creation.  Here are those points of truth:

--We are indeed all unique and God loves us all equally.
--God did "bend over backward across the centuries for each and every one of us" when He sent His Son Jesus Christ to be our Savior. 
--I think, yes, there are times we are blessed to be able to actually see God working in some situation or in someone's life - sometimes in our own lives.
--"Nothing has been without purpose - nothing."  Ah, yes, a very definite truth to cling to.
--We truly "are all part of a great pattern that we may all someday understand."  That someday will be when we get to heaven.
--Someday, we'll also "get to rise up and reunite with those we have loved the most - forever embraced," and that too, will be when we get to heaven.

As much as I like stars, that last bit the narrator adds will never happen.  We will never become stars and I'm glad of that, because a star is a big swirling mass in outer space.  But one thing about the stars that we can emulate even now is this:  to reflect the light of Almighty God.  The stars shine brightly each night, reflecting light from the sun.  As children of God, we can reflect light from the Son of God, bringing pleasure to God and to those around us as they see us glow for God.

I guess I DO want to become a star -- a star for God, reflecting His light and glowing for His glory.

"When the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy" Job 38:7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --