Saturday, February 16, 2019

Murals



I'm a big fan of murals painted by local artists on sides of buildings.  There are so many kinds - whimsical (like the one above in Flagstaff, Arizona), beautiful, historical, and just downright fun.  I love them all - and its even more fun to interact with the  painting.  I hope you'll enjoy a few of my favorites:


There were many wonderful murals in Gruene, Texas


I could almost smell the fragrance of the flower in New Braunfels, Texas


You might think this was in Switzerland, but it's in Greenville, SC


Larry's helping the lady with her baby in Dalles, Oregon - good job, Lar!


Here is a most interesting picture of camels being ridden across the desert
in Barstow, California.  It seems that back in 1857, the powers that be decided
it might be a good idea to use camels to carry freight across the desert. 
I guess we know how that worked out! 


I'll end with this beautiful tiger painted on the outside wall at the Celestial
Seasoning Tea Company headquarters in Boulder, Colorado.  

Aristotle wisely said, "In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous." 

The Psalmist knowingly spoke of God as being the author of all that marvelous nature:
  "Of old You laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands" 102:25.
  "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork" 19:1.
  "When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him" 8:3-4.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --