Saturday, February 2, 2019

License Plates


I get a kick out of looking at car's personalized license plates.  A few years ago, I claimed the license plate above and I was so happy to have it as a sort of message to be seen on my car.  Of course, it does make me more aware when I'm speeding, because I want to be a good testimony for the cause of Christ, so I try to keep it "not too fast."

There are times when I'll get out of my car in a parking lot and someone will comment on my license plate - always in a positive way, so far.  One instance was just last week when I went to the jail to do some volunteer work.  When I got out of my car, a young woman who'd been in the car behind me was getting out of her car as well.  She pointed to my plate and said, "Thank you for that."  I'm always thrilled when the message on the plate touches a heart, so I smiled and we started a conversation. 

The young woman was stressed about a situation with a friend who was an inmate.  I talked with her a bit and tried to encourage her.  I was thankful that a simple license plate had opened an opportunity to help someone.  God so often works in mysterious ways.  It's really a beautiful thing!

In addition to having my own happy license plate, I enjoy "collecting" phrases on other car's plates.  Here are some of my finds along the roadways.  Hope you'll get a chuckle from them:

 SKEPTCL        OOVRIT          SAYESIR               LVS MONY
LADY J2U        SLOLIFE        LIVFR2DA             HIT RD
BTR DAYS        HNCHO3       NOT PLAYN          HOOS NO1
GO CRY            EVL WMN 
    That last plate is scary to me.  I don't think I'd advertise that attitude!

 Occupations
GOTMYAR  (on landscaping truck)     SEL HOME    TU-TER  RTCANAL       TREE911

 Sporty plates
WHOL N1      4HOOPS      EYE GOLF      R8DRFN

HEKPME      HIS HAND      EPH 4-5       RIZUP        STJOHN3
SAY AMEN      JNT-HE1R      GDWRKZ       GZGLRY       JUS BLSD
BLESSNG        GODS TME     GD GRCE        AMAZN GRC



Note:  I don't know why that last bit is underlined.  I've tried and tried to get the underlined removed, but thus far - nothing works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --