Sunday, January 26, 2014

ET Phone Home

"Call to me and I will answer you ..." Jeremiah 33:3

Okay, I'm taking this verse out of context by sitting it underneath a picture of telephone booths -- I just couldn't resist -- and I really believe God has a sense of humor!  These four shiny red British phone booths sit on Belgrave Road in London across the street from the hotel we stayed in there.  I've used this picture to make a point of how important communication is.

Of course, we know how important it is for us to stay in communication with God -- not because He needs to know what's going on in our lives, because He already knows as evidenced by the verse in Matthew 6:8, "...for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."  Rather, God knows we need it in order to grow in our faith.  Talking with Him, praying and meditating on Him is a vital part of our deepening relationship with Him.

Then there's His communication with us.  Any time I stop to really think about it, I'm amazed that the Almighty God of all creation would write an entire, fairly long, book to tell us what He wants from us and how much He loves us and about many things He wants us to know.  This Bible we can hold in our hands is the inspired word of our Father God -- when that truth sinks in, I believe it makes a difference in how we view the Bible.  "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" 2 Timothy 3:16.

I'm going to step back from the spiritual application and ask for a bit of earthly human communication from you.  I'd love to hear from you who read this blog.  I like to think God is using these posts to bless hearts and encourage people in His name... but, I'd sure love to know if anyone is out there reading these things and if they are making a difference -- anywhere, in any way. 

Just leave a little comment and I'll feel blessed to hear from you.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart -- and may God bless you real good today (:



1 comment:

  1. Love the picture and the application! Thank you for your fun devotional posts. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts --