Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Yellow Door

I'm fascinated with doors that have character.  This yellow door with the navy blue trim that I saw in Kinsale, Ireland, caught my attention with it's bright colors - and even the doorknob in the center instead of on the side.  I also like the arched fanlight above the door.  Altogether -- a door with character. 

I wonder what kind of people live on the other side of that door?  You would expect people who choose a cheery yellow door would be equally cheery and friendly themselves.  I would also think they are people with interesting personalities since it takes a bit of spunk to use such colors on the door and trim. 

We could use the idea of a door as an allegory for the "face" we present to the world around us.  Does your face give the impression that you are cheery and friendly -- or is it dark and somber.  Do you open up easily to people, or would you be described as "closed."  Are you open to sharing the love of God with others?

In Revelation 3:20, Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."

Doors can be open, or they can remain closed.  Let's make sure our lives are always open to the will of God, and open to the needs of the world around us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --