Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"Far Side of the Sea"

Larry is following a "Heart of England Way" footpath through a farmer's field.  The mile long path also led along a flower bordered walkway and beside a person's sheep pen before ending up at the small village of Broad Campden where the only business there is Baker's Arm Pub where we had a nice hot cup of tea and shepherd's pie.  It was a cold, windy walk through unknown pathways that felt like a real adventure and we loved it!

It was not until afterward that it dawned on me that no one in the whole world knew where we were as we wandered through the countryside, nor did anyone there know who we were -- in case some misfortune had befallen us.  No sooner had such thoughts flitted into my mind than the wonderful promise of God in Psalm 139:9 reminded me of His great promise:  "If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your right hand will hold me fast."  When you are winging your way here and yon on the far side of the sea as we were, what an absolutely wonderful assurance to know that our heavenly Father knows our every footstep and every breath.  It gives me a warm feeling and makes me smile just to think such incredible thoughts.

Psalm 139 is another one of my favorites (I told you I had a lot of favorites!).  How I love the entire chapter - except for verses 19-22, which don't seem to fit with all the good stuff, but God has a reason for everything -- I just don't dwell on them.  Here's a few more of the verses that thrill me:  "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you" 17-18.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --