Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Demon of Apprehension

This goat-like demon sculpture is perched on the edge of the roof of the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France.  He is one ugly piece of work!  I will never understand the proliferation of demon look-alikes scattered around on so many churches.  It makes absolutely no sense!  But, that's not what I'm writing about here.  My subject today is Apprehension.  Is that something you ever suffer from?  Well, it seems like the Demon of Apprehension has pitched a tent inside me and I'm sick of it!

"Why are you cast down, O my soul?  And why are you disquieted within me?" Psalm 42:5.

Lately, I feel like I live in a state of apprehension far too much of the time.  It consists of an unsettled unease that lodges in the pit of my stomach and the back of my mind.  This uneasy state of mind colors my life with a swath of muddy gray.  Why is it lodged in my heart and mind?

I realize that I have not been spending enough time with my Lord lately.  Life has been so very busy and as I slip further away from personal communion with Him, the Demon of Apprehension has insinuated himself in my life more and more.  I've let myself become too burdened by the cares of this world and others, and not rested in the bosom of my beloved Father as I should. 

Sarah Young writes, "Do not miss the joy of My presence by carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders.  Rather, 'take My yoke upon you and learn from Me.  My yoke is comfortable and pleasant; My burden is light and easily borne'" Matthew 11:28-30.

I love the words of Jesus when He says to me (and you), "Let not your heart be troubled...."

Oh, to rest in the loving arms of my Savior, and let Him cast that old demon from the parapets and crush him underfoot.  "Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You" Psalm 40:16.

Thanks you, O Father, and bless your holy name!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --