Friday, April 26, 2024

Beauty and Heaven


    A carpet of pink cherry blossoms spread across my daughter Sara's deck and transformed it into a magically beautiful scene that brings a smile to my face each time I see it!  Only God could scatter the blossoms from that tree in such a delightful pattern.  Two days before Sara took that picture, I'd been visiting her and found a small area of pink blossoms on the deck.  I thought they were so pretty, I took a picture of my feet on that spot:


     Even though I was so happy to find this little area of fallen blossoms, it was quite small in comparison to the amazing show God created two days later.  
     This reminds me of the glimpses of beauty God offers to us on this sinful earth.  While evil prevails on so much of the earth, there are still bright spots of beauty and goodness.  There are still spots where we can stand on dainty pink cherry blossoms and delight in their beauty.  We can gaze up at an amazing deep blue spread out above our heads on some days and then see gigantic banks of clouds on other days.  We can watch brilliant colors of sunsets and marvel that there are never two that God paints the same.  We can be amazed at the delicate beauty of so many colorful flowers in the garden.
     And it's not only the beauties of the earth around us, but glimpses of God working in our lives, and in hearts and lives around us that bring delight and amazement.  It's as if God is giving us appetizers of what is in store for us in Heaven some day.  He is whetting our appetite for our future life by giving us glimpses of beauty and wonder that are so marvelous we can hardly contain the joy they bring.
       God is so good and loving -- praise ye the Lord!

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
nor have entered into the heart of man
the things which God has prepared for those
who love Him," 1 Corinthians 2:9

Jesus said, "In My Father's house are many
mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and
prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive
you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also,"
John 14;2-3


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --