Friday, October 16, 2020

Joyful Bits & Pieces


 JOYOUS BITS & PIECES

I like this photo of a beautiful bright red tree against a green pine tree that I took on October 3 in Crowder Park in Apex, NC.  It signifies the joy of Autumn to me.  It's just part of some joyous bits & pieces I've put together for this post.

I love clever or cute or truth-filled quotes.  Here are some I want to share with you:

---“The meaning of life is finding your gift.  The purpose of life is giving it away.” Pablo Picasso.

---"Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey," Babs Hoffman

---"Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination,” Roy M. Goodman

---"Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks” from a Facebook post

--“Camp in VA state parks – not left lane” and “Don’t be a left lane loafer” - signs on I-264.  These signs reminded me of an experience Larry and I had in London many years ago.  As Larry was slowly adjusting to driving on the "wrong" side of the road, a British gent rolled down his window and said, "The left lane is for overtaking, not for sitting!"

---“Heaven – don’t miss it for this world” - on a sign in front of Outer Banks church

---“I was told there would be tea…” famous Mariah Carey quote from New Year’s Eve 2017 show

---“Joy is a mystery because it can happen anywhere, anytime, even under the most unpromising circumstances, even in the midst of suffering, with tears in its eyes. Even nailed to a tree,” by Frederick Buechner, pastor and author.


As we walked along the paths in Crowder Park, we stopped at a large pond that's filled with all sizes of turtles.  These two guys were sunning themselves on a raft.  I especially like the way they are craning their necks, looking upward toward heaven.  Hmmm...there is surely a message in their posture (:

~ Always - Find Joy in the Journey ~



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --