Friday, February 21, 2020

Treasure - the Old Testament



The Old Testament -- Truly A Treasure

I was just doing a lesson in "The Quest," a Bible study by Beth Moore, when I ran across something she'd written about the Old Testament that goes right along with my feelings about the importance of studying this ancient book.  Here's what she wrote:  "Our heritage of faith treasured up in the Old Testament is a bank account of riches impossible to overdraw in a lifetime of study.  We have the privilege of living on the completed side of the redemptive work of Jesus, the Lamb of God, foreshadowed by every Old Testament sacrifice."

When I wrote the book Ancient Treasure, a couple years ago,  it was because of my deep love for God's Word in that grand old book, and my belief that its truths are still so relevant today.  Seeing what Beth wrote makes me feel good and reaffirms my reason for creating an easy-to-understand format to help folks learn the many wonderful stories and truths in the Old Testament.

Not long ago, I was excited to find out that my husband's cousin James had ordered a copy of Ancient Treasure shortly after it came out.  He said he'd learned a lot from the book and enjoyed reading it so much that he ordered a copy for each of his grown children.  He was then in the process of going back through the book a second time and concentrating on the questions at the end of each chapter.  I was thrilled!  This is the type of thing I dream of -- when someone is truly blessed by one of my books.  That's what it's all about -- seeing the Word of God become a part of a person's life.

Paul reminds us in the book of Hebrews that, "the word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" 4:12.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --