Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentine Day

HAPPY VALENTINE DAY

        The picture above was actually taken as our 50th Wedding Anniversary picture in February 2018.  But, that's close enough to Valentine Day to link the two Lovey-Dovey days together.  There's just something about the Heart that immediately brings to mind thoughts of Love.  It must be because the Heart is the primary organ in our body that we absolutely cannot live without.  We all need our hearts and we all need love in our lives.  That's the way God created us - physically, spiritually and emotionally.
         1 John 4:19 says, "We love because He first loved us."  It's that simple and that sweet.  Perhaps that's why we call each other "Sweet Heart" when we're in love.
          The photo above was taken in Curacao, an island in the Caribbean, and the wire artwork is called, "Punda Love Heart." It was created by Carlos Blaaker, just one year before we stood in front of it.


Most of you will recognize the sign above.  Love's service stations are conveniently located along many interstates and I for one am very thankful for them.  I won't go so far as to say I "love" them, but I really am quite fond of them and glad they're there when I need them.


This rather rusty-looking heart creation is located on busy Las Vegas Boulevard in its namesake city.  It's quite large and I like it.  I especially like the star peeking out near the top as I'm a big fan of stars.  No matter how rusty a heart may become, it is still a beautiful thing!

I'll end our Happy Valentine message with words from God's love letter to us.  1 Corinthians 13 is often referred to as the "Love" chapter in the Bible.  Here's what God instructed Paul to write:  "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal...and though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing...Love never fails."

"Let all that you do be done in love" 1 Corinthians 16:14


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --