Sunday, January 5, 2020

Your Journey


       I recently bought a T-shirt to wear when I visit a Disney park with this logo on the front.  If any of you are Frozen fans, you'll recognize the blue silhouette figures of Anna and Elsa, but it's not the movie that I'm highlighting in this post, it's the message, "Trust your journey."
        So - what IS your journey?  I'm not talking about a trip to a specific destination.  It's much bigger than that.  Your entire life is one long journey from conception and birth, all the way to the moment you take your last breath on this earth.  There's actually a continuing journey afterward, but we're going to focus on the earthly journey that each of us are on at this time.
       Every single morning that you rise from your bed, you're traveling through the journey of your life.  I've included photos of various interesting paths below.  I love seeing a bend in the road and wondering where it will lead us.

Ancient stones lead through Roman ruins

Cobbled stones wind through the town of Honfleur, France

 A gate leading out of Dover Castle, down the hill to town (ca 1220)

Footpath through a Scottish forest

This necklace reminds us to "find joy in the journey"

Who do you "Trust your journey" to?  As I travel along my pathway, there is no one I would trust my journey to more than the Lord God Almighty.  He alone knows my path from beginning to end, and He alone knows what is best for me every step of the way.  With the Lord going before me and dwelling within me, I truly "find joy in the journey."

Trust your journey to the loving heart of God and you will always find the right path.

"In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths" Proverbs 3:6 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --