Thursday, November 1, 2018

Yee-Ha - Still Out West


YEE-HA - STILL OUT WEST
 
 
    This is a small town called Mexican Hat, Utah.  Love the name!  As you look down the
    road you can see a long, dark building - that was our hotel, the San Juan Inn.  It's perched
    just above the river with a bridge span across, and surrounded by red sandstone rock.  This
    is truly Native American territory - namely the Navajo, who now prefer to be called "Dini."

The town of Sedona is tucked in a valley between beautiful towering red and white mountains of rock.  It's a busy, tourist town with lots of shopping and way too many "crystal" stores where the rocks supposedly have "powers."  They claim to have spiritual vortexes as well.  I don't believe it.
Here's something I do believe God says:  "'For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed,
but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,' says the
Lord, who has mercy on you" Isaiah 54:10

      There is this beautiful chapel practically carved into the rock.  It's the Chapel of the
      Transfiguration.  It's quite a climb up the hillside (a paved road) to get up there, but
      great views and a nice, quiet place to pray and meditate on our amazing Father.

    I'll end this post with one of my favorite pictures that I took while in Sedona.  Although I
    captured many great places, this one looks so much like a painting that I'm partial to it.
    I think it was the cloud on the distant rock that did the trick.  This is an old fruit packing
    house built by Walter Jordan in 1946.  We toured his house and buildings.  What a
    wonderful place to live!  It is truly a beautiful, peaceful spot and we enjoyed our visit.

    Isaiah 52:7:  "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news,
    who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation,
    who says to Zion, 'Your God reigns!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --