Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Problems

I'm having a problem getting my photos to load up for my blog posts.  I feel almost lost with no picture sitting above my written words.  I'm not particularly computer-literate so such a problem is a mystery to me.  I can only hope that we'll be able to find someone who can help fix it.  Until then, no photos (boo-hoo!).

Even so, there's always a spiritual application I can learn from pretty much anything that crosses my path.  I'm pretty sure God plans it that way since every step we take here on planet Earth is part of the roadmap He's already marked out for us on His giant timeline.  In this case, I'm reminded that there will always be problems (not that I really need a reminder of that obvious truth).  My frequent comment when a new problem pops up:  "Well, if it's not one thing, it's another."  Isn't that true? 

I like the opening phrase in Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities":  It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...  You could probably say that about most weeks of your life -- maybe not to that extreme, but to say, "Yeah, there've been good things happening this week and there've been problems happening this week."  It's basically the story of our lives, taking the bad with the good on a regular basis.  God says it plainly, "In this world, you will have trouble...."  It's not a matter of "if," but an assurance of "you will."

But then there's that last half of the verse that gives us hope and helps make those problem-riddled days seem a little less overwhelming:  "...But take heart!  I have overcome the world" John 16:33.

When these problems arise, take a deep breath and look up to the One who knows the end from the beginning and is in control of every drop of rain and ray of sunshine that crosses our paths.  Let's say, "Thank you God for another opportunity to see you work."  I'm adding my own special prayer at this moment, "God, please clear up this blog/picture issue.  Thank you!"

I'm so thankful that, in spite of all the earthly problems that crop up, I will never have a problem with my Father God who has promised always to be there for me, always to love me, and always to have a perfect, problem-free home ready and waiting for me when it's time to leave this problem-riddled earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --