Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Channel of Grace


"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence,
so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us
 in our time of need" Hebrews 4:16
 
I chose this picture to use with a poem I wrote about seeking to be a channel of grace for God only because I think it's a beautiful shot and I had nothing more relevant to use.  These two feathery plumes were growing along the edge of the Currituck Sound near a newly constructed boardwalk, and I just love the way the picture turned out (:
 
I don't write poetry very often and I'm not particulary adept at it, but occasionally I just feel the need to capture a thought in a more poetic kind of writing.  I call this, "A Channel of His Grace."
 
What does it look like – day by day –
This life with Jesus? Please show me the way.
I long to be what you want me to be;
I long to see what you want me to see.
My prayer, O God - to be bound up in Thee;
To be swaddled in your love, rocked in your arms –
Surrounded by your Spirit - I’m safe from all storms.
Oh, the wind roars about me and the water is deep
But I know who holds my future and I know who guards my sleep.
I know my God as Father and I know His Son as Friend
But I long to grow still closer in this life that has no end.
I want my Lord to live through me - a channel to His grace
Until the day this life will end and I see Him face to face.
 
"With great power the apostles continued to testify to the
resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace
was upon them all" Acts 4:33


 


1 comment:

  1. Love your poem, especially what it says. It's my heart's desire as well. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts --