Friday, June 21, 2013

"Ivory & Ice"

Well, the big day has arrived and I am what is called, a published author.  My dream has come true and I have a book sitting on my shelf with my name on the cover - yay!  It has been a long journey.  I'd been trying to get this book accepted by a publisher for over 18 years!  I let it sit on the shelf nearly forgotten for six years and then pulled it out, did some more work to it, got some feedback from friends who assured me they liked it and finally decided to self-publish.  That too was a learning process.  Now, the baby is born and I am thankful it is done.

The story is one that I wanted to tell.  Although it's labeled a "romance," that's not really accurate.  Sure, there are two love stories that move the story along, but the main idea is that people are basically the same today as they were back when the world was created.  My story also maintains the young earth truth presented by God in Genesis.  It's a thought-provoking story that will make you laugh at times and perhaps even shed a tear at other times.  My hope is that it will impact the reader's life with new ways of thinking about life.

The book can be purchased through Amazon, either in a Kindle e-book or a hard copy.  Thanks to everyone who helped to make this possible.  And a special thanks to those who read the book.  I hope it will be a blessing to you!

3 comments:

  1. A huge congratulations, Sandra! Ivory and Ice is sure to be a story people will enjoy. I loved it! Definitely unique. Congratulations on a great story well told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Lou Ann. You have truly been one of my biggest supporters and I thank God upon EVERY remembrance of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts --