Thursday, March 7, 2013

Glory to God


I think it's time for something beautiful to replace the pictures of nasty, old demons I've written about in the previous three posts.  I love capturing pictures of delicate butterflies - especially when they're perched on an equally lovely flower.  I snapped this one in Columbia, South Carolina.

I wanted a pretty picture of nature to go with the scripture I'm using today.  It's not about butterflies, but it is about our great God who created the butterfly and everything else as well.  The verses are found in Psalm 63 and they blessed my heart today.  "I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.  Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.  My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will priase you... My soul clings to you..."

These verses describe what we were created for -- to praise and glorify our Father God and He in turn will fulfill us as nothing else ever could.  They remind me of an uplifting song by a group called Avalon.  It's called, "I Can't Live a Day Without You."  The entire song is a blessing, but I'll just share a small bit of it:  "Jesus, I live because You live - You're like the air I breathe....You're the heartbeat of all I do, I can't live a day without you."  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --