Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Three Truths


I love stained glass windows and some of the churches we visit have magnificent windows that picture scripture beautifully.  I like this richly-colored set of panels showing King Jesus seated on His throne in Heaven, surrounded by angels worshipping Him in song.  This set of windows graces St. Paul's Episcopal Church on Duval Street in Key West, Florida.

I used this photo to represent the power and majesty of God as I list Three Truths about Him that we can stand on in this seemingly uncertain world we live in.

1.  God has a Purpose for Everything ~ "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Proverbs 19:21.

2.  God is Always with Us -- and He Loves Us ~ "....and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age" Matthew 28:20 / "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

3.  God is in Control of All Things ~ "For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me...Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass" Isaiah 46:9 & 11.

In all ways and in all things -- these three truths will stand.  If we could see our suffering and difficulties from Heaven's view, it would make it easier, but since we can't do that, we must trust the One who can and cling to His promises -- and believe that He does indeed have a good outcome and a good purpose in the end. 

So, when the next bump in the road rears up in front of you -- just remember those three truths, hold them close to your heart and let God bless you along your way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --