Friday, March 29, 2024

Guide My Path

 

Guide My Path

Just as I need oxygen to breath, I need you, O Lord, to guide and direct my path.  I can't seem to go two minutes without messing up in my own strength -- or more precisely -- my own weakness.  I need You to tell me what to do and then to help me to do it.  Empower me, O Holy Spirit, to live out those powerful verses in Proverbs 3:5-6:

   "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
     In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."

I like the song by the group Hillsong, that speaks of trusting without borders and walking futher than you would wander.  I want that close walk with Jesus of continual newness and renewing of mind.  I love this life of adventure with my Father!  He "graces" me in beautiful ways.

In Psalm 32:7-8, God is saying to us, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go."

Psalm 37:23:  "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way."


Photo:
   I took the photo of a path through the woods years ago on a trip to Scotland.  Hmm...wonder where the path leads?  I'm sure thankful that God knows that answer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --