Friday, April 28, 2023

Flowers


FLOWERS

We spent a few days in Williamsburg this past week and I want to share pictures of beautiful flowers that we saw as we wandered through gardens in the Colonial section of that city.  I'll also share some of the things God says about the colorful flowers He created.  Hopefully, this post will make you smile and feel like you've received a bouquet of lovely flowers from a friend -- me!


Although a lily is used in this verse, I believe all of these flowers fit beautifully into the following description:  "Consider the lilies, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these," Luke 12:27.


While these verses speak of Israel, it's a happy verse that uses the fragile beauty and fragrance of the rose to make a mighty point.  "And the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose; it shall blossom abundantly and rejoice, even with joy and singing," Isaiah 35:1-2.


 "The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land," Song of Solomon 2:12.
             

Here are a few thoughtful quotes about flowers:  
     --"Where flowers bloom so does hope," Lady Bird Johnson
     --"Minds are like flowers; they only open when the time is right," Stephen Richards
     --"There are always flowers for those who want to see them," Henri Matisse


The Apostle Paul uses plants in an allegory about serving God when he says, "I planted, Apollos waters, but God gave the increase.  So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.  Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor," 1 Corinthians 3:6-8.

And finally, I'll borrow a quote from an unknown source and say, "I'd rather wear flowers in my hair, than diamonds around my neck!"  Enjoy your bouquet!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --