Friday, March 11, 2022

JOY


JOY

I guess you could say I'm a Joy Junkie.  I love the word, the feeling, and the knowledge that Jesus and Joy are wrapped up together.  I like the old hymn that says, "There is Joy in serving Jesus, joy that throbs within my heart; every moment, every hour, as I draw upon His power, there is joy, joy, joy that never shall depart," (by Oswald J. Smith, published in 1931).  Here are some glimpses of joy in picture and scripture.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer," Romans 12:12


I love this section of scripture in Habakkuk 3:17-18:  "Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls -- yet -- I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation."


This picture comes complete with its own joyful verse -- 
and it's own coloring by yours truly (:


This JOY sports a sprinkle covered donut in its center - yum!  Joy and donuts make a great combination that could drive anyone "glazey!"  Anyone recognize which donut it advertises?

Psalm 16:11, "You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."  To find joy in the journey, simply walk the path God sets before you and follow Him.  I also like this turn of phrase because it's the name of one of my books: "Joy in the Journey - a Traveler's Tale with a Twist."


JOY emblazoned in sequins across the front of a pillow given as a gift from one of my sweet daughters. The definition of Joy is a feeling of great delight or happiness; keen pleasure; be glad; rejoice. 
The Holy Bible is full of joy.  Here are some of the Joyful verses:

"Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy, 
how awesome is the Lord Most High," Psalm 47:1 NIV

"Ask and you shall receive, that your joy may be full,"
John 16:24

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit,"
Romans 15:13

Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy
may remain in you and that your joy may be full,"
John 15:11








 

1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts --