Thursday, June 3, 2021

If the Shoe Fits....

 


IF THE SHOE FITS....

     Aren't the cowgirl boots on the top row cute?  These boots were in Virginia City, Nevada - definitely cowboy/cowgirl country!  I especially like the pair in the middle - brown with green hearts.  I would love to be able to wear cowgirl boots, but they never fit me.  I've tried pulling a pair on, but I can never get my foot past the tight ankle area.  Sadly, these boots aren't made for walking in my case.


Here are some very different shoes - these are made out of wood and painted with windmills.  We saw these shoes in Amsterdam.  Have you ever tried on a pair of wooden shoes?  As you may imagine, they are stiff, hard, and noisy.  No sneaking up on someone in a pair of these clogs!  Nope, these wooden boats didn't fit either.


This is my favorite display of shoes.  My five-year old granddaughter packed these shoes for our recent Outer Banks vacation trip and then carefully arranged them on a shelf in her room.  I think she did a great job, both with her choices and her arrangement.  She takes after her Meemaw with her fondness for footwear.  As much as I love the pink boots and sandals -- they obviously won't fit my size 7 foot.

Here's a question to ponder:  If Cinderella's shoe fit perfectly, then why did it fall off?  

As I consider how important it is to wear shoes that fit properly, I'm reminded that it's also important to "wear" the correct shoe in our spiritual walk with the Lord.  In Ephesians, Paul tells us that along with putting on the whole armor of God, it's important to have our feet shod "with the preparation of the gospel of peace," 6:15, because "beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!" Romans 10:15.

God gives us a really cool and powerful promise about our feet in Romans 16:20:  "And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you."  

When an angel came to break Peter out of prison, one of the first things he said after telling him to, "Arise quickly!" was, "Gird yourself and tie on your sandals," Acts 12:8.  

These are just a few thoughts about not just the right footwear, but more importantly, the right direction our feet take us in this world.  Psalm 119:105 says, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."  And so we should say, "As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him," Colossians 2:6.


Here are shoes that fit my feet to a "T."  In fact, they're one of my favorite pair of shoes and I feel happy when I wear them.  In this picture, they're standing on a beautiful mosaic floor of the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Do you have a favorite pair of shoes?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --