Thursday, February 11, 2021

Williamsburg Wander


Let's begin our Williamsburg Wander with what really counts -- food!  Here is a nice selection of donuts from Emily's Donuts.  My mouth is watering just looking at these luscious beauties.  Our week at a timeshare in Williamsburg was spiced up with take-out meals from Food for Thought, Rocco's Smokehouse, Rick's Cheesesteak, Shorty's Diner, and Terrazo's Mexican Restaurant.  There were also two stops at the Blackbird Bakery which has amazing lemon tea cake.  Now that I've whetted your appetite, we'll take a look at a few Colonial Wmsburg travel pics.

We were happy to have our daughter and her family with us for a few days.  Masks are actually a good thing on a very cold day. Holly and Noelle happily spread their arms as they stand in front of the Governor's Palace, originally built in 1722, destroyed by fire, and reconstructed. Patrick Henry 
and Thomas Jefferson got to live in that lovely palace overlooking an expansive green.

It was a cold day, but the sunshine and blue sky gave everything a bright, cheery appearance -- and there were no crowds at all.  The colonial buildings are always interesting and lovely to look at.

These horses look like they're snuggled together for warmth

Seeing my sweet grandkids walking together down Duke of Gloucester Street made me 
a happy grandmother.  Notice remnants of snow on the ground from a morning snow.

Here's a nice snowy scene that looks like a flash back in time

I hope you've enjoyed a brief glimpse of Williamsburg in the winter.  We had a good time and I thank God for the opportunity.  Two wonderful verses of praise in the book of Psalms come to mind:  "The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good inheritance," 16:6, and "I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High," 9:1.
 


2 comments:

I would love to hear your thoughts --