Thursday, January 21, 2021

God's Creations

 


GOD'S CREATIONS

   It's time for a trip to the Zoo in Norfolk.  It may be chilly and bleak outside, but we can enjoy a warm, colorful visit to one of our favorite zoos from the comfort of -- well, wherever you are at this moment!
   Don't you love the flamboyant beauty of the Peacock?  He even has a haughty look on his face.  I always think the fancy headdress and long, glowing tail feathers should make this bird a "she," but it's the male of the animal species that sport the colorful plumage.  Note the close-up of his fancy skirt below.

You might say, the "ayes" have it

"Say what?"  This Giraffe is giving us a hard stare.

Aww!  This Red Panda looks so cute and cuddly.  

I feel like I'm seeing double, but these Patagonian Cavy stay paired together for life - so I guess they felt they should stand like matching statues too.  These animals are only found in Argentina - and apparently, Norfolk.

"Did we wake you, Mr. Lion?"  With eyes half-shut and that grumpy expression, looks like someone stayed up too late last night!  

In contrast to Mr. Lion, this Meerkat looks bright-eyed and -- well...I can't tell if he's also bushy-tailed.

And last, but far from least, we have a majestic Tiger, partially hidden by bushes -- not a sight you would want to run into on a hike through the forest.  So glad I live in Virginia instead of Tanzania!

 "And God made the beast of the earth, according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth, according to its kind. And God saw that it was good," Genesis 1:25.

When God spoke to Job, He said, "But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you; and the birds of the air, and they will tell you...who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this, in whose hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind," Job 12:7-10.

I hope you've enjoyed this brief visit to our local Zoo.  It's always a wonder and amazement to see the great variety that God displays for us in His vast and varied creation.  And with all of this marvelous creation, let us say, "I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works, I will be glad and rejoice in You," Psalm 9:1.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --