Friday, December 4, 2020

Perspective


 PERSPECTIVE

Henry David's interesting quote is all about how we look at things in life.  Do you see the glass half-full or half-empty.  Our perspective on our circumstances, the tone of our lives, and the people and world around us makes a huge difference on our quality of life and even our effectiveness for God.  I like the words of Paul in the book of Romans, when he wrote, "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit," 15:13.  Sounds like that glass is full to the brim!

I usually use my own photography in this blog, but I wanted to share some great quotes that are worthy of pondering and they came with some nice photos.  Those who know me well, know that I love intriguing pathways.  The first three photos are from the calendar I've been using this year, called Pathways by Dayspring.  I love these pictures and the truth written on them.

A reminder from that great man of God, George Muller, about the importance of spending 
much time in God's Holy Word -- His amazing love letter to His children.
Don't you just love this bamboo forest!!

I looked at this amazing picture through the month of November and wondered where 
this pathway is located.  I want to go there and walk that beautiful stone staircase!!
As for the quote -- I love it too!  Sola gratia - by grace alone.

We all know Dwight Moody was a wise man of the Lord.  These words are sobering and
remind me of the verses in Matthew:  "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where
moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves 
treasures in heaven...for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also," 6:19-21
The scene looks like it might be in the Colorado mountains - so beautiful!

This is the front of a greeting card by Christian author, Max Lucado.  The inside
reads:  "Every year is another chapter God fills with the plans He has written just 
for you."  And the verse in Psalms:  "And in Your book they all were written, 
the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them," 139:16.
God created each of us for a special purpose - a purpose filled with love.


"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous 
are Your works, and that my soul knows very well," Psalm 139:14
Amen!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --