Friday, August 21, 2020

Our Beautiful World



OUR BEAUTIFUL WORLD
"Then God saw everything that He had made, and 
indeed it was very good" Genesis 1;31

Sometimes we just need to look upon things of beauty.  There are too many ugly things that go on in our world today and I think it's good to remind ourselves of the beauty that still surrounds us.  I snapped the picture above as we drove along a road in Arizona, that's why it's not clearer or centered better.  It was a gorgeous morning with a long, low white cloud drifting behind the monastery and clinging to the base of the gray mountains in the distance.  I love the haunting quality of the hovering mist.


This sweet little golden finch perched on the trellis of my Mandeville just long enough for me to snap a picture of him last week.  He is so beautiful!  it just makes me smile to look at him (:  I hope it makes you smile too!


I spotted our neighborhood red fox taking a rest break in our back shrub bed one day a couple weeks ago.  He looked so peaceful lying in the sun.  I think he's a pretty little fox and I'm always excited to see him.


I needed a picture of a beautiful flower and I found this one from the Island of Antigua.  Such brilliant colors!!  God certainly knows how to create a thing of beauty!  As the poet John Keats so aptly said, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever."

I think of what Paul said in a letter that he could have written to us:  "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things...and the God of peace will be with you" Philippians 4:8-9.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --