Thursday, April 2, 2020

"If My People..."


"If My People..."

It's an interesting fact that even on the cloudiest day, above the clouds the sun is always shining.  In this photo I took from the window of a plane, there is dense cloud cover which would be causing the people on earth below to have a dreary, cloudy day.  As we flew above those clouds, the sunshine was so bright at times that I had to lower the window shade.

There are a number of messages we can see in that illustration.  During this time of worldwide pandemic where some might see dark clouds of disaster blocking the sunny days of our lives, we need to remind ourselves that the sun is still shining above those clouds.  Sunlight will break through eventually and sunny days will return.  I'm reminded of Jesus words, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" John 16:33.

I'm so thankful that God is in control of every ray of sunshine and every drop of rain.  I'm also so thankful that He is full of love and grace in the midst of this sinful world.  We must always remember that "we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" Ephesians 6:12.  Right now, one of the enemies our world is battling is a nearly invisible enemy called Covid-19.  Although it is tiny, the virus can still be seen through a microscope.  A greater enemy is truly invisible, but very active and even more deadly -- that is the spiritual hosts of wickedness that we battle every day.

As our enemies seek to destroy us, we are given a promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14.  God said, "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  If there was ever a time God's people should be on their knees seeking the face of God, it's now. 

As children of God, let's band together in prayer for our nation, for our world, and for the many lost in our midst.  Let's pray that God will fill us with that peace and good cheer He offers to us so that we too might be overcomers in this world.  "If God be for us, who can be against us" Romans 8:31.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --