Friday, January 4, 2019

The Starry Hosts


Gazing up at the night sky, with bright white dots twinkling like diamonds across the black velvet expanse, we stand in awe of such a grand display.

As children we used to chant, "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight."  It was silly, but fun.  Seeing stars sparkling in the sky has always been special.  These days, stars are even more meaningful to me.

I always knew God created the stars along with everything else, but when I read about Him actually breathing them into the sky, I was blown away by the image of such an amazing event. 
  
 "By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, their
starry host by the breath of  his mouth" Psalm 33:6 NIV.

And on top of that, there was a time during creation "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy" Job 38:7.  Stars singing, you ask, really?  Why not!  A God who is capable of creating everything there is, can certainly cause His stars to sing.  The symphony of stars and angels singing together must have been the most incredible music ever heard!

 
My youngest granddaughter enjoys "touching the stars" during a visit to the Children's Museum last year.  People are often told to "reach for the stars," meaning to be the best they can be in life.  God wants us to be the best we can be and tells us we, "... can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13.
 
God used an especially bright star to announce the birth of His Son Jesus. The picture below shows another granddaughter (some years ago) at Chrysler Museum viewing a Thomas Cole painting featuring that famous Bethlehem star.  Once again, we see angels singing praises to God as they joyously announce the birth of Christ to the shepherds.
 


As we begin this new year of 2019, we want to remember that amazing moment when the stars and the angels sang together, praising God with all their abilities.  Let's join them as we step into a new year.  Let's determine that our lives will be a song of praise to our great and holy Father God, who has promised to give us all the strength we need through His Son Jesus Christ.

All praise King Jesus!


Photo:  first photo is stained glass at Christ Church in New Bern, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --