Saturday, June 13, 2015

Jurassic World


Jurassic World

I don't give many movie reviews, partly because I don't go to many movies in the theater.  I was excited, however, to go to the first showing on Friday afternoon of the newest Jurassic Park installment.  It was great!  I really enjoyed it and was not in the least disappointed - as I had been with the second and third Jurassic movies.  Here's how it goes:

Before there was ever even a Jurassic Park movie, I read the book by Michael Crichton and loved it.  It was a unique book and quite exciting - the kind that it's hard to put down.  So, when the movie opened in 1993, I was there the afternoon of the first showing and I loved it!  I've seen it several times since then and always enjoy it.

The second installment in 1997, Lost World, was so bad, I only saw it once and was thoroughly disappointed -- even though I like Jeff Goldblum.  Jurassic Park III in 2001 was somewhat better than two, but still not up to par with the first.  Well, now, the first one has a partner.  Jurassic World is right up there and possibly even as good as the first one.

I love the fact that "The park is open" and all these people are visiting the island and enjoying the dinosaurs when, of course, something goes wrong and things start happening.  It's very exciting and I do a lot of jumping in my seat and getting tensed.  There's also several really good bits of dry humor that made me laugh out loud.  The lead characters do a great job.  Blythe Dallas Howard who plays Claire is absolutely beautiful and does a nice job with her character. And Chris Pratt is perfect for the role of the macho man.

I'm so pleased to at last see a really good Park movie to bookend the first.  I look forward to seeing it again on DVD in a few months.  If you liked the first, you'll enjoy this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --