Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Road Ahead







I don't know about you, but seeing this bicycle leaning against a post along a picturesque street in Zurich, Switzerland, makes me want to hop on and cycle around the curve up ahead and see what the intriguing European streets have to offer.  Of course, I'd never steal a bike, but it's still fun to imagine pedaling along those cobbled streets and admiring the scenery.  We walked down the road instead and admired the scenery at a slower pace.

I've written a number of posts about paths and the roads we travel through life, but I'm ever intrigued by the concept of walking through life - one step at a time - with no earthly idea what lies around the corner up ahead.  I am very thankful that my Father God knows that path backwards and forwards and is aware of every dip and rough spot in the road.  And -- He not only knows what lies beyond the curve in the road -- He's already waiting there for me.  Now, that's a really cool thought.

Here's what God told Isaiah to write:  "I will lead them in paths they have not known.  I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight" 42:16.  Another place in Isaiah, He says, "I will go before you..." 45:2.

Whether the road ahead of you looks appealing as this street in Zurich does, or it looks like a mass of rocky stones, just know that there is nowhere on this earth or even beyond this earth where God is not there, waiting around the curve for you -- even as He guides your present steps.  It's a miracle that only an omnipresent God can accomplish.

Over and over in God's Word we are assured that He will be with us, before us and around us. The Psalmist says, "You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore" 16:11.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --