Thursday, October 30, 2014

I Stand at the Door


"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice 
and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine
with him, and he with Me" Revelation 3:20

We were recently in the little town of Melk, Austria.  At the end of a short, narrow lane was this old stone house with an equally old-looking, heavy door.  I liked the idea of knocking on the door for a picture -- no one answered.  I wonder how often we fail to answer when Jesus stands at our heart's door and knocks for admission.  The verse seems to be written to Christians and indicates a desire from almighty God for a closer relationship/fellowship with His children.  

Do you want a closer relationship with Christ?  He wants a closer relationship with each and every one of His children and speaks of that desire frequently in his Holy Word to us.  We need to "hear his voice and open the door" so that He might come in and feed us with the milk and honey of His own dear presence and all the wonders that come with such an intimacy.

When I studied about the beloved apostle John back in 2007, this was a prayer I wrote out "Unto God" -- it is still my prayer.  Won't you pray it with me?

Unto God
I am who I am in Jesus Christ -- His unique creation to be used
for His glory, empowered and led by Him and only Him.
Please, God, help me to follow so close to you that I will feel 
your breath upon my heart -- and even my cheek.
Whisper in my ear your will and help me to do it.  Silence the 
whispers of negativism and defeat.
Be thou victorious through the open channel of my life.
Not me, but thee, dear Lord, almighty God of all --
my Savior, my Sustainer, my dearest Friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --