Saturday, December 29, 2012

Laughter


I love these photos of laughter and the joy of the moment.  My grandson, Storm when he was two years old, shone with such an innocent, joyful spirit and countenance that his aunts, my daughters Holly and Sara, were filled with sheer delight.  I can't help but smile in return when I view these pictures.

I'm reminded of the happy Proverb: "A merry heart does good like medicine." 17:22.  It has been scientifically proven that laughing is a healthy activity with positive benefits.  Besides making the face a lot more attractive than a frown, smiles and laughter lower blood pressure and increase good endorphins in the body.  The infectious nature of laughter and smiles is also an encouragement to onlookers as well.   "A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance.." 15:33.

So, the next time you're feeling a bit blue or it's raining outside and gloomy, or you're just plain ole tired, force yourself to enjoy a belly laugh and paint a smile across your face -- according to our Lord's own Holy Scripture, it will do you good.  In fact, you might find yourself laughing at your own self before you're finished (:

1 comment:

  1. It's raining outside, my body is not cooperating this morning, and I read your post. I think a need a good laugh! You're right--and so is the Bible--it doeth good like a medicine.

    Happy New Year, Sandra!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts --