Monday, November 26, 2012

Foreshadowing


I made this photo large because I really like it!  During our trip to the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in September, we rode through this tunnel of glorious golden Aspen trees and at the end, the view opened up to a beautiful valley of colorful trees, a red barn and soaring mountains all around.  It was breathtaking!
As we travel through the highways and byways and various paths of life, we're never quite sure what lies beyond the bend or over the hill ahead of us.  It could be something good, or it could be something quite the opposite.  I'm so thankful that God knows it all and He's in control of every breath I take.

Here's a thought I had one day:   God has already written the book of the world – past, present and future.  Along the way He has blessed people with clues and promises and pictures and foreshadowing of what is yet to come for them, but has already been completed by Him.  The script for our future was written by God in His past.  How exciting and extraordinary!

Over and over in the Old Testament and New Testament as well, God prophesies about things to come -- many of them things that have already passed in our lifetime.  One example are the promises God made to Abraham.  I like what Galatians 3:8 says about those promises:  "The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, 'In you all the nations shall be blessed.'"

Rather than find such a truth in any way daunting, I find it comforting.  As Job said, "He knows the way that I take....) 23:10.  All I have to do is acknowledge Him in all my ways and He has promised to direct my paths (from Proverbs 3:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --