Sunday, November 13, 2016

Joyful Writer

I'm a Joyful Writer!

Here I am standing behind my first ever "Book Table" event.  The first Saturday in November, I was at the Portsmouth Christian School Harvest Festival displaying my books from 10am to 2pm.  It was fun!

I had a great time visiting with lots of friends who passed my table, plus I sold 17 books.  Since the event was actually more fun and games for kids, I was quite pleased that I sold that many books.  I had eight titles for sale (plus a "color edition" of a B&W book).  Kindle books offers a ninth title of mine - a horror novelette entitled, "The House," which is not in print copy.

I have several ideas simmering for new fiction books, and I've begun writing two non-fiction books.  I just need to be more disciplined and spend more time writing.  It kind of reminds me of the verse Paul wrote in Romans, "For what I am doing, I do not understand.  For what I will to do, that I do not practice..."  I want to write, but I keep letting things distract me.  Do you ever have a problem with distractions in your life?

Here are some quotes that are good encouragers to get focused on your goal, buckle down and do the thing:

--‘Finished last’ will always be better than ‘Did not finish’, which always trumps ‘Did not start.’
--Thinking too long about doing something is often the reason it never gets done.
--Most great things in your life won’t happen by chance, they will happen by choice.
--Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin.  Beginning makes the conditions perfect.
--Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
--There are seven days in the week and someday isn’t one of them.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --