Friday, December 8, 2017

Surrounded by His Light

Surrounded by His Light
 
"Let My Presence override everything you experience.
 Like a luminous veil of Light, I hover over you and
everything around you"  -from Jesus Calling

I love this picture my daughter took of my youngest precious granddaughter walking down a long pathway surrounded by light.  The gracefully lit trees and smooth sidewalk make for a lovely, easy walk to her destination in the distance.  As a two-year old in a loving, stable family, she is enjoying a smooth path in this young season of her life.  But what of the future?  What lies around the bend as she grows older?

Rather than fear the future and rocky, hilly pathways that inevitably lie ahead, we can rest in the assurance that our heavenly Father knows every root that will trip us up and every stone that will stub our toes - and He's always there to help us over every rough patch.

In Sarah Young's Jesus Calling, as if Jesus is speaking to us, He says, "Stay ever so close to Me, and you will not deviate from the path I have prepared for you." .... "Think of your life as an adventure, with Me as your Guide and Companion. Live in the Now, concentrating on staying in step with Me. When our path leads to a cliff, be willing to climb it with My help. When we come to a resting place, take time to be refreshed in My Presence." ... "Marvel at the wonder of being able to commune with the King of the universe - any time, any place. Never take this amazing privilege for granted!"

While God has not promised a carefree life of smooth paths, He has promised to be with us and help us along the way.  In Psalm 119:105, we are assured, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path," followed by "The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore" in Psalm 121.  Having our paths lit by the Almighty King who is the Light of the world Himself is a blessing that will help us over the rough places, preserve us, and bring us to our journey's end after a life of adventure with our Lord.

I am so thankful that my sweet little granddaughter is surrounded by the Light of God's loving care for her.  From the time she was conceived He has kept her in His care and promised, "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone" Psalm 91:11-12.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --