Sunday, September 10, 2017

Outer Banks


Outer Banks
 
   Larry and I spent last week in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  The ocean was beautifully rough and as you see in the photo, the sky was filled with majestic clouds.  God sure painted a gorgeous picture (:

 
  The Wright Brothers Memorial looked regal in the glow of late afternoon sunlight, perched up on the hill from where the brothers began their historic flight.  Here I am (below) cheering with the other fellows as we celebrate that first foray into the world of airplanes (for which I am very grateful!).
 



  Now, for a couple pictures of beautiful flowers I saw.  The first lovely purple (complete with busy bumblebee) was taken at the Lost Colony Theater, where Trish and I took a tour of Fort Raleigh.  The second lush looking red flowers were in front of the Elizabethan Gardens.  We had a fun day together while our husbands played golf.



 
Although these flowers are not lilies, I'm reminded of what Jesus said about how He takes care of the flowers He created:  "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toll nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you....Therefore do not worry..." Matthew 6:28-31.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --