Friday, November 4, 2016

Journey Sights

Journey Sights
I wanted to share some cool pictures from our trip down south last month.  The first shot shows a fleet of shrimp boats resting on the waterfront in Darien, South Carolina.  We enjoyed an early supper of delicious fresh shrimp at B&J's Restaurant in Darien.  They'd probably been swimming that morning under the surface of these very waters.


Another waterfront - this time a lake scene with Disney's Beach Club bathed in pink light from a setting sun, and sporting golden pinpricks of light reflecting on the water.  This picture taken from the Boardwalk across the lake.

 
One of the favorite photo opts at the Magic Kingdom is Cinderella's Castle.  What makes it extra special for me is that the castle was fashioned after famed Neushwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany.  It was my great joy to visit that grand castle, built in 1869, two years ago.  Below is a photo of the original castle in Germany.  Although Disney added a few extra spires, you can see the similarity.
 


I'm thankful for our travels, and I'm thankful for coming home again.  As they say, "There's no place like home."  To which I add a hearty, "Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --