Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sisters of the Soul


We ordinary women got together to praise our extraordinary God and to meet sisters of the soul who shared their stories in my recent book, Ordinary Women -- Extraordinary God.  I called it a Book Reception for lack of a better name, but it was primarily to let these lovely ladies meet one another,  receive their copy of the new book, and let me thank them for being a part of this.  I was pleased to see these gals getting to know one another.

I'm so thankful for the opportunity God has given us to share our stories and we're all praying that they will be used to encourage other women as well.

For those who have read the book and wish to put a face to the stories, here are the women pictured:  front row, Kyla, Cindy, me - Sandra, Eleanor; back row, Sandy, Holly (my daughter who is mentioned in a story), Mary, Gretchen, Peggy (one of my encouraging readers), Lora, and Judy.

I gave each gal a ruby red slipper bookmark along with their book and shared a quote from the Wizard of Oz that was told to Dorothy and I now told it to them:  "You’ve always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.”  Then I told them, "That Power is the Holy Spirit Himself, working in you and through you to do great things for His glory.  Keep on keeping on – and -- Praise God from whom all blessings flow!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --