Sunday, January 18, 2015

God Breathes Ice

"By the breath of God ice is given,
And the broad waters are frozen" Job 37:10

   Last Wednesday morning, we awoke to a winter wonderland of ice.  In the wee hours of the morning, God poured freezing rain from the sky in the form of sleet and sheathed every tree, bush and blade of grass with a layer of ice.  It was beautiful - as you can see from these pictures I took in Williamsburg where we spent the week.  This delightful display of "crystal nature" lasted for two days.  These photos were taken the first day when temperatures remained low and the sun stayed hidden.  In my next post I'll share photos of the second day when the sun shone and sparkled on the crystal ice.
 
"...the frost of heaven, who gives it birth?"
God asks Job (38:29)
 
I love it when God shows off a bit of His amazing power for our enjoyment.  I felt like I'd been transported to a magical crystal kingdom of glittering trees.  Icicles festooned every edge like millions of glass daggers frozen in time and space.  Only God Himself could decorate His world to such an extent -- and with such an eye for dramatic beauty.
 

 
Almighty God, thank you for this beautiful display!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --