Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

 
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

Our beloved United States of America celebrates our independence and the birth of our nation on this day.  I am saddened that our country has fallen from what is right and good in so many ways, and that the light of liberty has so dimmed in the last five years.  Even so, our country still stands for freedom as is evidenced by the stars and stripes and the 50 stars that adorn our beautiful flag -- a flag that flies as a result of great sacrifice over the centuries.

I like the symbolism in this photo from the circus we went to in April.  I see the massive elephant symbolizing the strength and largeness of our nation, and the young woman symbolizing the beauty and humanity of our country.  I love our flag and always get a lump in my throat when I see it displayed with the patriotism I feel for this country that God has blessed so abundantly.


Praise God for America and long may her flag fly free.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --