Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

Here's another Happy Birthday message -- this time to me.  While it might seem strange to wish yourself a happy birthday, I do so to give praise to God for the blessing of another year on earth.  I celebrate the day He brought me into this world as a tiny infant and I celebrate the day He brought me into His family as a born-again infant in the faith.

God has blessed me in the years since those two significant birthdays in my life.  I have grown from that beginning infancy, both physically and spiritually.  The photo above was taken seven years ago (remember my earlier post about the number "seven").  I used it because I especially like the beautiful birthday cake I received that year.  I'm a sucker for cake -- especially birthday cake and ice cream -- bring it on!

I pray that this new year in my life will be lived following God's path, praising His name, and bringing glory to His amazing grace.  Thank you, God, for your incredible gifts to me -- your Son, life eternal, and the joy of your daily presence -- the best birthday gifts ever!  Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --