Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Who - Me?







"We love Him because He first
loved us"
1 John 4:19


The squirrels in my yard offer frequent expressive poses.  This guy looks like he's staring at me, pointing to his chest and asking, "Who - me??" 

That thought - "Who - me??" reminds me of a song by Casting Crowns, one of my very favorite singing groups, when they sing, "Who am I?"  Here's the first verse:

Who am I that the God of all the earth would care to know my name, would care to feel my hurt?
Who am I that the Bright and Morning Star would choose to light the way for my ever wandering heart?
Not because of who I am, but because of what you've done -
Not because of what I've done,
but because of who you are...
I am yours.

This beautiful song message of God's love is written out for us over and over in the Word God has given to us in the Bible.  He - Loves - Us - totally, completely, beyond what we can understand - He loves us, because God is love. 

Many times in life, we don't feel loved, often because we don't feel deserving of God's love.  We for sure are not deserving of God's love and that's the amazing thing -- He graces us with His love in spite of our unworthiness.  The truth is, we could never do anything to deserve His love in the first place, but Christ took care of all that for us when He made us worthy through Himself. 

It may sound a bit convoluted, but it's really quite simple.  God loves His children with an everlasting love -- no matter what -- for all time.  We are so blessed to have such a Father.  So, next time you feel unworthy and take on the expression of this squirrel and ask, "Who am I?"  Just remind yourself that you are God's and he surrounds you with His love 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --