Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow!



             "He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth'" Job 37:6
 

Love that old song, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"  Since we didn't have to leave the warm confines of our house, I could freely sing that song Tuesday night as the snow fell and the wind blew and the temperatures dropped all around our city.  Here are two pretty spots in my backyard.  We may have gotten possibly 3 inches of the pretty white stuff -- which for our area stops nearly everything and gives the local weathermen a lot of excitement.  Hard to believe it was warm enough on Monday for Larry to play golf! 

The snow is such a lovely miracle from God and usually symbolizes a certain degree of purity, as in the verse Psalm 51:7: "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."  The verse speaks of snow being white and clean, but the cleansing that God offers us makes us even whiter, purer and cleaner than the finest of snow.

I love the poetic sound of Psalm 147:16:  "He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes," and "Have you entered the storehouse of the snow...?" Job 38:22.

Proverbs 25:13:  "Like the coolness of snow at harvest time is a trustworthy messenger to those who send him; he refreshes the spirit of his masters."

This snow refreshes my spirit as I look upon its beauty and praise the Almighty One who sent it.  Thank you, God, for spreading the snow like wool across my yard and my neighborhood.  As always, You've done a wonderful job!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --