Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Giving Thanks

I've enjoyed this arrangement on my kitchen table during the last couple of months.  The two pumpkins sit within a pumpkin bowl along with a bunch of fruit, nuts and silk leaves.  It's a simple bit of Autumn that seems to capture the idea of a bountiful harvest.  I am so thankful to God for the bounty He has blessed us with.  I praise God from whom all blessings flow.

It is not by my might or my power or any talent I may possess that I am what I am and that I have what I have.  Everything -- indeed, every breath I take -- is a gift from God.  Oh, that we might be full of praise and thanksgiving, not only on November 28, but each and every day of our lives.

The Apostle Paul says that we are to give thanks in all things -- not only in the good times, but also in difficult times.  It's really hard when you feel like you're at the bottom of the barrel, to look up and give thanks, but if you do, it will brighten your spirit and bring glory to our gracious God.  Giving thanks also reminds us that it is not we ourselves, but the grace of God that has saved us and kept us until the day we join Him in glory.

On this special day of Thanksgiving, let's not forget to thank God for His amazing gift of salvation and eternal life in paradise that He has promised to us.  But until that day, let's rejoice in the Lord and enjoy this beautiful world and all the wonders that are in it -- a world He created for us.  Blessed be the name of the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --