Monday, September 30, 2013

Where there's a Will...

 
That old saying, "Where there's a will - there's a way" is certainly true when it came to this squirrel wanting to dine on bird seed.  We tried hanging this bird feeder in a spot where the squirrels would stop eating all our bird seed so our fine feathered friends could partake -- at least a little!  It took the squirrels a bit of doing, but they still managed to scoff down food that was not meant for them.  Although I might applaud persistance, in this case, I was not happy about this clever manuever.

There is a message in the squirrel's determination, however, and I might as well get something out of my attempt to enjoy the dainty nibbling of lovely little birds instead of the greedy devouring of this annoying rodent. 

When I think of the phrase, "Where there's a will, there's a way," I think of the verse in John 14:6 where Jesus says, "I am the Way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me."  It was the Father's Will for His Son to provide the Way for you and I to be with Him for eternity.

Unlike the squirrel, we as humans have a divine purpose.  God has actual plans -- plans for you and for me.  I love the verse in Jeremiah 29, where God assures the prophet -- and those of us reading His words thousands of years later, "For I know the plans that I have toward you, says the Lord, plans of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Where there's a Will, there's a Way -- God's Will is for you to choose to walk in His Way, where He promises to give you a "future and a hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts --