Sunday, May 5, 2013

Birds of a Feather

Here's a photo I took on the beach in Florida in January.  I saw hundreds of birds in a couple locations just standing in the sand together.  I immediately thought of that old saying, "Birds of a Feather Flock Together."

 Notice these birds are all facing in the same direction and they are all the same kind of bird.   When I looked up the phrase “birds of a feather flock together” on Google, one of the sites wrote:   The phrase is used to refer to the many ways that humans who share interests, demographics, or other characteristics will naturally group themselves together in a given situation. This phrase is an example of a “metaphor of personification,” where the literal meaning, related to birds, is figuratively used to relate to humans.
             Here's another picture that reminds me of the same truth.  I saw these Amish girls at Longwood Gardens in PA and I thought this made a compelling picture.  As you look at these Amish girls, they are all turned in the same direction and they all are dressed alike.  I imagine they also have the same beliefs and similar interests.

             This reminds me of my fellow sisters in Christ --  which certainly puts us in the category of Birds of a Feather.  We are turned in the same direction - toward our Lord and Saviour, and you could say we look alike as well - we all wear the fragrance of Christ upon our person and the joy of Jesus radiates from our faces.  We share the same beliefs -- and even similar interests.  "I am a friend to all who fear you, to all who follow your precepts" Psalm 119:64

            As Birds of a Feather, someday we'll all fly up to heaven where we'll live together and truly be friends forever.
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, "fellow bird," for the good post! Loved the photos!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts --