Sunday, April 14, 2013

Slow Down


Does it ever seem to you that life on this ole planet earth gets faster and faster?  People are in such a hurry!  Why, if I have to wait 30 seconds for a program to load or 15 seconds for an internet site to come up, I become impatient! 

I recently rediscovered some of the poems I wrote in my younger days and I'm having fun sharing them.  Here's one I entitled, "Hurry!"

Hurry, hurry, hurry, run to your job and work;
And if you run out of files and papers that need your tender care,
No doubt you will be alarmed to find,
You have some time to spare.
 
Rushing to and fro is par for people everywhere.
What balm for them to stop sometime and out the window stare.
The sky above is peaceful 'cause it never rushes round,
It does its job without a fuss and calmly tops the ground."

I think this beautiful view from the window above would be a nice one to stare out of.  This view sits calmly along the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon at the Cascade Locks.   I love windows with a view!

We all need to slow down once in a while.  I love the verse in Psalm that says, "Be still and know that I am God" 46:10.  The command in that verse is vitally important to each one of us.  I hope we'll all take some time this week to Stop, Look & Listen to the voice of God.

1 comment:

  1. Such an important concept, and it's not easy to do with the pace of most families these days. I believe we have to make time with God our first priority--or the time slips by. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts --